Location: Calgary, Alberta
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
We have a new and exciting career opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our Engineering Division. The successful incumbent will lead, coach, and manage a small team of Professional Engineers in offices across Alberta.
In addition, this leader will successfully facilitate the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on various projects including: Project Management, Procurement, Contracts, Design and Construction for diverse client teams. You will work on multiple projects involving commercial and residential structures.
You possess a strong sense of discipline and coordination. You will champion the opportunity to visit job sites and embrace the opportunity to attend client meetings and business development calls. You are an “out of the box thinker” that covets the opportunity to overcome challenges and embrace creativity in the work you do
- Oversee construction plans meet guidelines and specification of building codes and other regulations.
- Strategically evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials.
- Competence to be assigned as a design job leader including job management and execution oversight.
- Provide assistance in resolving identified issues to prevent or mitigate loss of schedule and budget.
- Provide job updates and status reports to management.
- Guide the work of several Engineers, coordinating schedules and assigning tasks to reach an overall objective within cost, quality, and time requirements.
- Provide mentorship and technical oversight to other Engineers.
- Create engineering drawings and related documents as requested.
- Be able to seal all of ZyTech’s product designs with confidence.
- Conduct walk downs to support, troubleshoot, and make revisions to various construction projects as required.
- Interpret, review, and approve survey and civil design work.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs.
- Attend site inspections, investigations, and monitor.
- Actively participate in projects, client, and team meetings with diverse clientele.
- Review, prepare and modify product repair details.
- Lead structural engineering development on residential and commercial projects.
- Analyze reports, specifications, and studies.
- Partner with Branch Managers, Design Managers, Estimators and Project Managers on projects.
- Collaborate with designers on projects to produce design deliverables with the appropriate level of detail.
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications.
- Work with the other engineers in a collaborative team approach to effectively complete the work of the Engineering department.
- Stamp and issue structural engineering deliverables.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered in good standing as a P. Eng with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geologists of Alberta (APEGA).
- A minimum of five (5) years leading an Engineering team and department.
- A minimum of five (5) years in Construction and Project Management Technical Sales.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience performing project engineering and design in wood framing.
- Residential and commercial construction industry knowledge including but not limited to wood framing, wood trusses and Engineered Wood Products is required.
- Experience in soil testing, steel beam and steel design would be an asset.
- Solid understanding of the civil design codes as well as other pertinent codes, standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence and technical reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a project team environment that encourages self-initiative.
- Demonstrated strong relationships with clients and the ability to develop or foster ongoing relationships and maintain a high level of client service.
- Proven project management experience. A Project Management certification through P.M.I, (The Project Management Institute) would be a definite asset.
- A flexible working style that helps project teams meet client deadlines and other needs.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada without the need for sponsorship.
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×