Assistant Project Manager (CC)
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Term of Employment: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: Commensurate with candidate's skills and experience
ZyTech is seeking to fill a new position for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team! The ideal candidate will champion the opportunity to lead business development, and project management to a portfolio of current ZyTech clientele and various new customer projects in partnership with the Project Manager-Commercial and Multi- Family. This position will support various sales initiatives in the Commercial and Multi Family space in the Calgary (Balzac& Airdrie) region.
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated, related experience and knowledge in wood frame construction, framing and wood products. If you are an up-and-coming Project Manager professional who is capable of multi-tasking with customers and framers both on the job site and in the office, collaboratively, we want to hear from you!
- Perform Project Management duties to support our existing customers, projects and help grow the business.
- Establish project and product delivery schedules, expediting customer requests.
- Advance our relationship with each customer, visit job sites, carefully listen and identify the needs and concerns of each assigned customer.
- Advance our relationship with framing contractors.
- Ensure installation of products meets ZyTech’s Installation Layouts, Manufacturers Installation Instructions, and the clients architectural & structural plans.
- Under the direction of our Engineering Department, perform site installation inspections.
- Identify the deficiencies of a project onsite and follow up so they are repaired, progress to issue final sign offs.
- Increase familiarity with our product lines and be able to answer questions regarding them in detail.
- Process new orders with the support of an Administrator
- Champion communicating with Administrator on job related tasks, orders and planning ahead.
- Perform Business Developer Checklist (BDC), Pre-Design and Post Design meetings on all Awarded jobs.
- Attend Site meetings with Site personnel and framers.
- Initiate Site repair requests as they arise in collaboration with our design and engineering teams.
- Attend internal meetings for project support as required.
- Manage “Special Order” and “Extraordinary Stock Requirements”, Procedure and Guidelines
- Answer telephone calls and emails to address each Customer inquiry with professionalism and attention to details.
- Ensure that our designs have met or exceeded the Customer’s expectations.
- Lead the revision of project files, write up and revise customer profiles to document project preferences.
- Follow up on, update the status and close all outstanding job quotes, proposals and work orders in our scheduling and POS systems.
- Represent ZyTech building systems LP at customer’s events, working luncheons, and dinners.
- Working with a collaborative team, supporting the branch and peers in all regards.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil or Architectural or Construction Technology and/or Industry experience equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of residential wood frame construction, including building codes, is required.
- Minimum 3 years Wood Construction Experience.
- A desire to work in collaboration with senior project managers to enhance project management expertise and to create a positive customer experience.
- A minimum of 2 years design, framing and/or project management experience in the construction industry would be a definite asset.
- Confidence to visit jobsites, perform inspections of installations on site.
What you need:
- Capacity, passion, and desire to service our clients while taking the opportunity to upsell and cross sell the various product lines.
- Full working knowledge of Outlook, MS 365, and ability to quickly learn ZyTech specific software.
- Aptitude to read and interpret MiTek design drawings and ZyTech placement plans.
- A positive attitude and desire to take on other duties as required.
- Confident, independent, energetic, and self-motivated team player.
- Well organized with a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
This position is based in the Calgary Commercial Branch office.
Employment status: Full-time permanent
Timing: As soon as possible
Salary: competitive salary/bonus structure/vehicle allowance
This position offers a standard benefits package with Blue Cross, including but not limited to extended health and dental coverage and life insurance.
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please indicate the name of the ZyTech building systems employee who referred you to this role.
We’re building better structures, teams, and communities.
ZyTech is a manufacturer, innovator, and distributor of high-quality building materials for the wood frame construction industry.
We are committed to providing superior products and service through strong relationships with our customers, communities, suppliers, and employees.
Through product research and development, we are continually striving for the most efficient, effective, and advanced procedures to deliver the best product to our customers expeditiously.
To learn more about ZyTech, visit www.zytechtruss.com
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.
Thank you for your interest in ZyTech building systems LP. We have received your application and if determined that you meet the qualifications for the position you have applied for, we will be in contact with you. ×